Wednesday 18 January 2017

Rehab ~part 3


Keisha was texting Paulie, the guy she was to be engaged to after she completes her
degree in drama... She didn't know if she really liked Paulie... As in, Paulie was going to be the
district attorney of Manhattan in a couple of years, and he was tall and rich, but Keisha never
really felt anything about him deep down... But she was always obedient, and knew that her
brother loved her and had probably chosen Paulie, his friend, to be Keisha's groom quite wisely...
"Keisha! Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" shouted Cathy...
"I'm already dressed, moron!"
"You're gonna wear a sweater and jeans to a party?? Oh you're so boring!"
One of their female friends came to pick them up...
At the party, Keisha sat at a corner and took out a small novel she'd brought with her... She
loved taking books wherever she went, as she was not really keen on mixing with people... Even
in just a sweater and jeans, she looked beautiful, with her golden brown long hair and big brown
doe eyes, and some guys couldn't take their eyes off her...
Cathy looked quite pretty in her red dress too, and she went out to socialize and mingle and
probably manage a date...
There was some good music on, but suddenly someone came up and put up loud and hard
rap music with beats, and everyone started dancing to it... As for Keisha, she was starting to hate
this party... When she looked up to see who changed the music, she saw Brian's brother CJ, with
the uncultured guy from the library, near the music console, dancing and shaking their head with
a CD in his hand...
"So, that guy was CJ's friend... No wonder he's like that..." thought Keisha, and left...
At the backyard garden of Brian's garden, she sat down and texted Cathy, "Call me up
when you're done partying, and we'll go home, I'm at the backyard"
And she got back to reading her novel
Suddenly, "Hey"...
Keisha looked up, and it was him...
"Hey, sorry for this morning, alright? I shouldn't really have texted with my sound on... Sorry"
"At least he has the decency of apologizing", Keisha thought...
"It's okay..."
"Hey what're you reading? 'The Count of Monte Cristo', hey I've read that!"
"You... Read books?"
"Used to... Not anymore"
"You don't really appear to be the... Book reading type"
"Heh! Yeah... I know... Used to read a lot until I dropped outta high school"
"Oh... Okay.."
"By the way, myself Mick Wallace"..
"Keisha Caine... So, tell me, what're you doing outside? I mean, all your friends are inside...
Hell, you even changed the music"
"Actually... I don't really love crowds... Changing the music, that was my idea, CJ did the
needful... I actually wanted to bring some life into the party... I mean, the thing that was being
played before, it was so dumb.. Don't you think?"
"The dumb music, was the recording of a violin maestro..."
Mick stared at her for a moment and said, "Oh... Didn't know, sorry"... Keisha giggled, and
Mick felt it was the sweetest music on earth... Probably...
Keisha, just in an intention to tease him, said, "I can see a lot of girls around in this party, still
you don't like this?"
"Nyaah... Being in relationships is not really my thing... People have changed these days,
they're not like they used to be... Everything is so temporary, or is complicated... Me, I don't do
temporary or complicated, if I know she's the one, she's gonna be the one... That's what I believe
in"
Keisha listened to him, silently... Perhaps he's not as bad as he appears, as in, other than his
blue eyes, his features are tough and rugged, and he probably didn't shave in a decade...
But when he talks, he makes sense...
"What the hell are you doing, Keisha?? Stop staring at him!" She told herself, almost in
whisper, which was audible to him...
"What?" Mick asked..
"Nothing, I mean... You've still got that bandage on your left hand.. What happened there?"
"Oh, this? It's from a fight.."
"Fight?"

No comments:

Post a Comment